How do I clear my cache?
If you are experiencing performance issues on Franktown Rocks you may want to "clear your cache" or "delete temporary Internet files" to make sure you're getting the most recent files. To do this open your browser and the follow the instructions below for your browser type:
- Internet Explorer: Click on "Tools" then "Internet Options" then "Delete temporary Internet files"
- AOL: Click on Internet Properties and then "Clear my Footprints"
- Chrome: Click on "Clear Browsing Data"
- Firefox: Click on "Tools" then "Options" then "Privacy" then "Cache" then "Clear".
- Safari: Click on "Safari" then "Empty Cache"
Clearing my cache didn't seem to help.
If, after clearing your cache, you are still having problems there are a few things you can try.
- Make sure you close your web browser and open it up again before you try logging onto Franktown Rocks.
- Restart your computer and then try logging onto Franktown Rocks again.
- If you're still having trouble you might need to re-install your Flash player. To do that, go to the
Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
The "Remember Me" option doesn't work.
This can happen when your flash player doesn't have enough room in it to save information from Franktown Rocks. To adjust it follow these simple steps:
- From anywhere on our site right-click on the Franktown Rocks logo.
- A box will pop up. Click on the word "Settings".
- A new box will pop up. Click on the file folder icon at the bottom.
- You will see a question: "How much information can franktownrocks.com store on your computer?" Underneath the question, you will see a bar. Use your mouse to move the arrow on the bar to the right. Move the bar until the number on the right reads "10 KB " or more.
Now you should have enough storage for the computer to remember your account each time you log in. Log in now, and click the box next to "Remember Me." The next time you log in it should work!
Why does loading take so long?
There are a few things you can try if you're not able to load a page on Franktown Rocks:
Refresh or reload the web page. Look at the very top of your screen. Click on "View." You will see a list of choices. Click on "Refresh" or "Reload." You can also refresh or reload by clicking a button in your toolbar on top of the screen.
You might just have a slow connection to the Internet. Please read "My connection seems slow" to find out more about this issue.
Sometimes you are able to download most of a page, and then it stops. This could be a cache issue. Try clearing your cache. Please read "How do I clear my cache?" to find out how
The website is running slowly.
There are a few different reasons why Franktown Rocks might be running slowly for you. Here are a few things you can try:
- Make sure you are not running any other programs on your computer while you are on Franktown Rocks. Close down all other programs and websites.
- Sometimes a computer can get a bad connection to our website. Try logging out and logging back in again.
- Try clearing your cache to make sure you've got the most recent version of our website loaded. To do this read the "How do I clear my cache" section above.
- You might be playing from a slow computer. There's not much you can do about that except to play on a different computer.
- You might have a slow Internet connection. Please read the "My connection seems slow" section below to find out more about this issue.
I can't see the whole screen.
There are two main reasons why this could be happening:
Reason 1 - Screen Resolution:
You might not have enough screen resolution to show these parts of the game. Try adjusting your computer's screen resolution as follows:
- PC: Right-click on the your computer's desktop. A menu will pop-up. Click on "Properties" and the "Settings" tab.
- MAC: Go to "System Preferences" then click on "Display"
Reason 2 - Flash Player Version:
You might not have the latest version of the Flash Player. To get the latest one go to the Adobe Flash Player Download Center.
My connection seems slow.
There are two main reasons why it might take a long time for you to connect to the Internet:
Reason #1: Your connection to the Internet
If you have a dial-up connection, you connect to the Internet with a telephone line. This is the slowest way of connecting.
Reason #2: Something is slowing down your connection
Your computer might not be healthy. There are things that might be slowing down your connection such as having too many programs running at one time, your computer might not have enough memory or a full hard drive, or it might be infected by spyware or a virus. Talk to an adult in your home about correcting these issues.
I'm getting screen name or password errors.
Unable to login? Check that your "caps lock" or "A" light on your keyboard is not on. If it is on, then press the "caps lock" key and try again.
If you forgot your screen name or password click on the "Forgot My Password" button on the login screen.
I'm getting a multiple connections error.
Be aware that only one account can be logged on one computer at a time.
If you get the message "Multiple connections detected, please disconnect old connections" this might mean Franktown Rocks is running on two different browser windows or tabs. Try closing any extra open windows that are running Franktown Rocks and you should be able to log on.